Culver Cadet Section > Culver General Discussion

What Prop do you use

(1/2) > >>

Culver Dreamer:
Hi Guys
I looking forward to when I'm in the latter stages of my restoration and would like to know
which propellers are approved, which propeller you are using and what kind of performance
you are acheving ( climb rates, cruising speed, max speed) with the C-85 engine and also with the Franklin 4AC-199
Mark

Woody:
  Hi Mark,
  My unit came with a Sensenwich 70 x 54  I was told it cruised at 130.  I'm still not flying yet but by middle of summer I should be in the air.  Just about to start fabric work.  Buying new will be 5 grand.  I just put one on the Mooney Mite that was $4700.

Culver Dreamer:
Thanks Woody
Looking forward to your finished pictures. Also your using the Franklin right?
Please up date your web page as it sounds like your actively working
On it again. 
For those who don't know
Woodysculverrebuild.com
Mark

Keith U.:
Just bought a Sensenich W70A-54, the cruise prop for the Continental A-75.  Hope to be flying this summer.  6 week lead time, wich is fine, have a few details to work out, oil cooler plumbing, brakes and cowling etc etc etc.

Woody:
 I have a rebuilt Franklin 90 engine that came with the plane which was original engine and prop.  The plane is all there with the original log books also.  I'm so cramped in my garage and hopefully in a week or two I will start with the fabric on the wings at the hanger.  I hope to paint each wing as the fabric is finished.  That should make for a better paint job using Airtex paint.  It cost more but the finished product just looks better!  Woody

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version