Culver Cadet Section > Culver General Discussion

New Member Poll

(1/3) > >>

JoeB:
Hello Everyone,
I thought I would start a poll so we could all get a chance to introduce ourselves, where we live, and what Culver we are working on and/or flying.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone so let's get it started!
My name is Joe Burley and I live in Atlanta, Georgia.  I just purchased Cadet LFA #246.  It is currently out in Idaho and can't wait to bring it home!  I voted that it is 'flying' even though I have not yet flown it :-)
-Joe

Woody:
I'm Woody Gillespie and live in Heber Springs, Arkansas.  We are currently rebuilding a 1941 Culver Cadet with a Franklin 90 engine.  It's been 40 years since I;ve been involved in flying so this is like starting over again.  The only things I need now is more money and time!

10kDA:
My name is Chris Kinnaman and I live in Edgewood, New Mexico. I am mostly interested in the Culver Dart, with an idea of scratchbuilding one to avoid the hassles and costs of certificated aircraft ownership. Though a Cadet would be pretty cool, too.

Scott Crosby:
My name is Scott Crosby. I live in Roseville, California and recently purchased 1942 Culver Cadet N41735 #457 which hasn't been in the air since 1960. It's powered by a 90hp Franklin and has 589 total hours. My Culver #457 appears to be the last one sold to the general public with #458 kept for test purposes. I've had many different planes but for some reason - I am very excited for a change about restoring this little plane back to it's former glory!

Paul Workman:
Hi Folks,
My name is Paul Workman. My Culver involvement started in 1971(I was 14 YO). My dad bought  LCA N29283 out of Northern Ohio that year. The seller flew it down here to Zanesville, Ohio,
my older brother flew it around the field once, and we proceded to tear it apart for a needed rebuild. As so often happens with these things, my dad got distracted with other projects, a Pitts, Mooney Mite, Cubs, Champs, etc., and 29283 still needs rebuilt. I now do vintage aircraft restoration for (a living?) here in Zanesville which makes it a challenge to get our own airplanes put together, but the Culver project is now on my short list.
I'm really excited to see this site up and running (Thanks Bill), to see so much interest in the Culvers, and to see this great flow of info. I have a particular fascination with all these old wood critters. I also work a  bit with Mooney Mites and Bellancas.
Let's help each other make these old ships fly and keep 'em flying safely !

Paul Workman
Bedrock Aero LTD
Zanesville, OH              www.bedrockaero.com   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version