Culver Cadet Section > Documentation

Culver V with square wing tips

<< < (2/2)

Brett Lovett:

--- Quote from: lockheed12 on October 14, 2012, 08:06:21 PM ---I have some blue prints on this; it looked like a big improvement on the 'V-1'.

--- End quote ---

What specifically about the V-2 is a "big" improvement over the V-1?  Can you tell by the blue prints if the photo that Bill posted above is in fact a V-2?

Bill Poynter:
I've tried enhancing the photo with PhotoShop.  The numbers are just too faint to recover anything useful.  If anyone has a better copy of the image, we could work on that.

lockheed12:
Brett; I just found my box of V data, mostly from the Al Mooney collection. I will reread what i have on the V-2; somewhere are the changes proposed. Let me refresh my memory on the 2, it was long ago when i read up on all this. I remember a 3 view drawing of the V-2 in the box somewhere. My V is #98, the one on the Wikipedia page.

Brett Lovett:
I believe the V-2, while being a modification of an Al Mooney design, is the only Culver model that was not conceived by Al Mooney or under his design management.  In other words, the V-2 is the only post-Mooney Culver.  I don't know who was in charge of design, or even who remained in engineering and design at Culver after Al Mooney departed.

I also find it interesting that Superior, obviously having acquired the rights to both the V and V-2 chose to build the V as the Superior Satellite rather than the V-2.  I also was wondering if it is possible, as in the case of Mark Trimble's V/Superior Satellite, if Superior may have converted/updated some of the V's manufactured by Culver into Superior Satellites in addition to manufacturing some of their own, or if perhaps they used an existing Culver V as their "prototype" for the V/Satellite.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version