Author Topic: New Member  (Read 4657 times)

Gregory

• View Profile
« on: December 28, 2012, 08:01:29 PM »
Hi Folks,

I have been interested in small planes for about 30 years, I was an EAA member in the 1980s, and RAA (Canada) since then.  I am also a glider pilot.  I like Culver Cadet, and would get one or build one, but I need some advice from the Forum members. 
 So far I see 3 models:  Culver Cadet LCA (Continental) and LFA (Franklin), as well as Neal La France's STF (Experimental).  Question:  are any Culver Cadets available for sale now?  I would be interested in rebuilding one.  Or is it better to go with the Experimental one?
Also, I noticed that the STF is missing the Slots in front of ailerons;  the LCA and LFA have the slots.  The slots are there to improve flight control at low air speeds, right?
Are the plans for STF still available?
I admired the twin Culver Cadets flying on the YouTube.

Regards,
Gregory

Phil Kite

• View Profile
  • N Number: CF-DFT
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 02:46:02 PM »
Hi Gregory,  What part of Canada are you?  I'm just out of Edmonton and I have the only registered LCA in Canada.  They do come up for sale on Barnstormers and Trade A Plane in either projects (restorations) of completed planes.  If you are close, you can stop in and see my project?

P.S.  if you read through this website, most of your questions will be answered.

Cheers,

Phil
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 02:50:05 PM by Phil Kite »

Gregory

• View Profile
Re: New Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 11:26:36 PM »
Hi Phil,

I am very close to Toronto, but I always liked watching Edmonton Oilers with Gretzky.
So you have the only one Culver Cadet in Canada;  so nice.
Do you fly the Cadet or is it a project?
I would like to get one, so I may need some advice.

What is you e-mail and Tel number?

Gregory
905-569-5542
g.sachs@sympatico.ca