Author Topic: Neal Lafrance has passed away  (Read 4149 times)

Culver Dreamer

• View Profile
Neal Lafrance has passed away
« on: May 21, 2013, 04:02:46 AM »
  I've been trying to contact Neal and wondered why he wasn't answering my e-mails. I found this on the Internet

LaFrance, Neal LA MESA -- Neal LaFrance, 90, a pioneer of amateur-built sport aviation passed away at his home April 12, 2013. He is survived by his five children, six grandchildren, his sister and predeceased by his wife Wanda. Services will be held Saturday, April 20, 2 p,m,, Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church, 2766 Navajo Rd., El Cajon. In lieu of flowers, please donate to the Neal LaFrance Scholarship Fund, San Diego Chapter, Antique Airplane Association. Checks may be made out to AAA SD LaFrance Scholarship, PO Box 711212, Santee, CA 92072-1212.

I have nothing but good to say about Neil. I bought his STF plans and hoped to go flying some time in his STF Cadet. I dropped in to visit him several times last year and was always welcomed like a long lost friend. We spent many hours talking general aviation, family etc. He thought he had a very blessed life.
Mark

JoeB

• View Profile
    • Events Decorated
  • N Number: N34793
Re: Neal Lafrance has passed away
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 12:19:39 AM »
Thanks for sharing this Mark.  I thought of contacting him many times but now regret that I did not take the opportunity.
The comments about him online indicate he was a great man, loved by his friends and family.  No doubt he will be missed!