Author Topic: Sun n Fun  (Read 7985 times)

Bill Poynter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • N Number: N41637
Sun n Fun
« on: February 10, 2012, 11:27:03 AM »
Is anyone planning to go to Sun n Fun?  If so, are you taking your Culver?

JoeB

• View Profile
    • Events Decorated
  • N Number: N34793
Re: Sun n Fun
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 01:29:30 PM »
Yes and yes! 
If anyone is flying past the Atlanta area on their way down I'm having a BBQ at my hangar on the 26th. I'll probably head down to Lakeland on Thursday
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:35:47 PM by JoeB »

Woody

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 04:48:19 PM »
Two of us from Ar. are thinking about going to S&F on motorcycles with our camper trailers.  Is there camping for us at the site?  No, my plane won't be ready anytime soon.

JoeB

• View Profile
    • Events Decorated
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 07:35:09 PM »
Two of us from Ar. are thinking about going to S&F on motorcycles with our camper trailers.  Is there camping for us at the site?  No, my plane won't be ready anytime soon.

Hi Woody,

While I have been to Sun-N-Fun many times, I have never camped there (because I lived in Tampa for 12 years).
From what I have seen, I think you will be able to camp there with no problems.  They have full facilities and many people do camp out year after year and love the experience. 
I've considered it but my wife and brother are not so interested...

Woody

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 08:02:15 PM »
Thanks Joe.   It's just an option we are exploring at this time.  It's also $ I could be putting on the plane  (ha)

Paul Rule

• View Profile
  • N Number: N37814
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 02:05:54 AM »
Yes and yes! 
If anyone is flying past the Atlanta area on their way down I'm having a BBQ at my hangar on the 26th. I'll probably head down to Lakeland on Thursday

Where is your hangar in the ATL area, Joe? I won't get to S&F but might find you on one of my many visits to ATL.  Lived and worked there for years.  PR

JoeB

• View Profile
    • Events Decorated
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 12:38:46 PM »
Yes and yes! 

Where is your hangar in the ATL area, Joe? I won't get to S&F but might find you on one of my many visits to ATL.  Lived and worked there for years.  PR

That would be great!  I'm in Brookbridge Aerodrome, 8GA9

JoeB

• View Profile
    • Events Decorated
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 05:15:49 PM »
The Cadet is getting quite a bit of attention at Sun-n-Fun.  Lots of interest and some great stories from people passing by.
The trip down from Atlanta was great, took 5.1 hrs due to unfavorable winds and multiple fuel stops. With my brother riding along we had to stop for some fuel every 1-1.5hrs

Anyone else here, if so I'd love to meet up!
-Joe
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 06:55:00 PM by Bill Poynter »