Author Topic: Cadet LFA Annual Inspection  (Read 6398 times)

BGorin

• View Profile
  • N Number: N38719
Cadet LFA Annual Inspection
« on: April 03, 2014, 07:33:00 PM »
Good evening everyone!  I am the Chief of Maintenance at the Vintage Flying Museum, which is the proud new owner of 1941 Culver Cadet LFA S/N 330 N37819.  We are about to start an annual on it and I was wondering if anyone has put together an annual inspection checklist that includes relevant pieces from the Ageing Aircraft Inspection Checklist, FAR Part 43 Appendix D, Culver Cadet and Franklin maintenance manual items as well as the Culver Service Letters?  This will be our first inspection and overall experience with the Culver, so we want to make sure that she's well taken care of.  I've already downloaded all the information available from the website, which I greatly appreciate!

Thanks in advance everyone!  We'll post pictures and updates of our progress.

Bill

craighewitt

• View Profile
Re: Cadet LFA Annual Inspection
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 08:48:41 PM »
Hi,Well I'm glad to see Harolds Culver is in good hands.The person who probably knows the most about your Culver is Ray Ender.He did annuals and other work on that Culver.You might already know this.The person that can answer your question would be Paul Rule.He owns Culvers and is very knowledgeable.Is Mr Smith still with us ?I talked with him a few times when I was inquiring about his Cadet.I ended up buying #241 from Al Gross in Ma. Where is your Museum?.
Ray Enders #512 396 0765 San Marcos Texas Good Luck with your Culver Craig Hewitt
Paul Rule is a member of the Culver Aircraft Forum

BGorin

• View Profile
  • N Number: N38719
Re: Cadet LFA Annual Inspection
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 10:16:20 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I've seen Ray's logbook entries and it looks like he took good care of it.  Yes, Mr. Smith is still with us, he just wanted to sell the Cadet as he was no longer able to fly it.  Our museum is at Meacham Airport on the north side of Fort Worth, Texas.  We are the big yellow hangar on the SE corner of the airport.  Please come by if you're in the area!  We are somewhat unique in that we are a working museum.  We always have airplanes in various stages of maintenance and/or restoration.  We just recently became the new home of the CAF's B-29 and B-24 as well as a CAF A-26.  We also have a privately owned B-26K Counter Invader being restored as well as a C-49 (C-47 with R-1820's) that fly's regularly.  We're always happy to see vintage airplanes show up on our ramp!
We're going to start on the annual this weekend, barring any unforseen surprises, we should have it done this weekend or next.

Bill