Author Topic: Prepurchase Inspection  (Read 2920 times)

Paul

• View Profile
Prepurchase Inspection
« on: August 31, 2020, 02:52:15 PM »
Hello All
I'm new to this forum and don't know much about the Culver Cadet's other than they are sweet looking aircraft.

I have owned Stearman's and Waco's and know what to look for when making purchases, not so for Culver's. I occasionally see Cadets for sale and would love to own as close to perfect example as possible.

Are there folks out there that you can recommend for  prepurchase inspections?

Respectfully,

Paul M Horovitz
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 02:54:14 PM by Paul »

JoeB

• View Profile
    • Events Decorated
  • N Number: N34793
Re: Prepurchase Inspection
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 02:49:44 PM »
Hello Paul,
What part of the country are you, or the Cadet you are interested, in?   
Culver specific pre-purchase inspections are tough, only a couple people in the country that I would consider Culver experts and some, if not most, are not A&P IAs!  Obviously the mechanic or shop you are looking for will be familiar with antique wood and fabric airplanes. 
David Pasquale in PA is a Bellanca expert and doing a great job getting a Cadet back in the air.  I have an A&P IA friend that has restored and flown many Cadets that I work with, we are located in Atlanta GA.  We would be happy to travel (within reason) to inspect a Culver for you.  I don't have much experience with shops or mechanics out west so can't really help you if your in that direction. 
Best regards,
Joe

Paul

• View Profile
Re: Prepurchase Inspection
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 03:08:01 PM »
Joe

I'm located in Savannah, Ga. and occasionally I see Cadets for sale so, nothing specific at the moment. I just wanted to have access to knowledgable people to help me when the time comes, I am actively searching.

Many Thanks,

Paul