Author Topic: Interesting item from newsletter  (Read 5973 times)

Bill Poynter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • N Number: N41637
Interesting item from newsletter
« on: January 26, 2012, 10:34:08 PM »
Here's an interesting letter from George Cottrill of Airpath Instrument Company published in a 1982 issue of Culver News.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 07:45:34 PM by Bill Poynter »

Paul Rule

• View Profile
  • N Number: N37814
Re: Interesting item from newsletter
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 11:24:30 AM »
The "tea drinker" coment is interesting... In Paul Harvey's words what about 'the rest of the story'?  I guess we will never know...  but Mooney and Moneshine kind of go together don't they?

DaveA

• Darts in my past
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 04:21:56 PM »
That was an interesting letter.  These kind of details just don't appear unless you have the words of the actual people involved, like this case.  Who would have known that Airpath took that plane in lieu of payment in an impending bankruptcy and that Johnny Livingston was involved?  And the details about the 90 Franklin were interesting too.  Forty plus years and 800 hrs of operation as a 'corporate jet'.  ;D

I looked up the airplane and it's not been seen by the FAA as the triennial report is missing.  The individuals living at that address show no records as airmen in the FAA database either.  Anybody know where it is now?

Bill Poynter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • N Number: N41637
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 05:17:52 PM »
In 1966 I sent letters to a number of Cadet owners asking if their plane was for sale.  Here's the response I received from Airpath Instrument Co.