Author Topic: Mechanical landing gear  (Read 24321 times)

Joe Maridon

• View Profile
Re: Mechanical landing gear
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 08:56:47 PM »
I am looking for information on the throttle/landing gear interlock. I have the illustrations in the Culver manual and I can fabricate the parts for the carburator end of the system. I do not have any information on how the push-pull flexible control attaches to the locking push pull rods other than the manual refers to a connection in the right wing. I plan to use a teflon lined push pull control so it should operate very smooth.
If anyne has any original parts, pictures of the installation or parts, sketches, descriptions, etc. it would be helpful. I can adopt something to do this but would prefer to keep it as original as posible.

Mike Geary

• View Profile
  • N Number: N41637
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 07:00:05 PM »
Hello, there is info in Culver memorandum No. 2 with pictures, and a 4 page follow-up in Culver memorandum No. 22 with more info and pictures on the operation, etc of the flexible linkage, etc. I have both copies if you need them, let me know, Mike G.

Paul Rule

• View Profile
  • N Number: N37814
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 10:51:14 PM »
Scott,  The springs should have a bronze bushing pressed into the steel eye with a 1/4" hole bored in it to take a 1/4"  by 3/16" steel bushing that is clamped tight in the gear part with the #10 bolts.  There is a minimum measurment between the two spring eye centers (I have that dimension on a print somewhere...can't find it right now) and an old spring will have de-formed some over the years.  Problem is ... if the spring does not push the strut full out the gear might hang on the edge of the wheel well and not go in. 

Some (like me) got hold of some old stock Lark springs that had a larger eye.  The eye will not fit into the older Cadet gear attach point, top or bottom, and the hole in the bushing has to be drilled off-center and some of the steel spring ground off to fit it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 11:04:37 PM by Bill Poynter »

Scott Crosby

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 06:26:58 PM »
Thank you Paul!!!

Bill Poynter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • N Number: N41637
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 02:28:27 PM »
I've attached a factory drawing of the dash pot assembly.  This drawing was in a batch of scanned Culver drawings that I just received from Stan Piteau.

The second drawing is also of the dash pot.  Paul Rule redrew it from the original, using modern CAD software.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:33:27 PM by Bill Poynter »