Author Topic: Culver in production  (Read 6335 times)

Culver Dreamer

• View Profile
Culver in production
« on: April 01, 2013, 03:03:43 AM »
Hello everyone:
I want to let you know that today (this morning) I will first make the following announcement to you and tomorrow the world.
 I have been able to purchase all rights to manufacture Culver Cadets. I have secured a production site in Wichita Kansas. In the same building as the origional Cadet was manifactured!
 I have secured Franklin engines for the first batch of 100 airplanes from the Franklin Engine company of Jewett Texas. An optional and desirable engine is of course the Continental O-200. I am also looking at the Rotec Radial engine for a distinctly vintage look.
I've had engineers look at the entire airframe and with only small tweaks we can easily advertise a realistic 1500 lb gross weight.
 Below is part of the press release that I'm working on.

The Culver Dream Company is building all-new production Culver aircraft. A special Light Sport version is now available (fixed gear) and a standard certified version is coming soon with electric retractable gear.

We also service, repair, and restore all Culver aircraft of any vintage.

Both new versions use the original Culver Cadet airframe, which has earned its reputation as the strongest, most durable and most efficient light plane design ever. In fact, the Cadet has always set the standard for its class in every category, and its emphasis on quality, established early on, has been retained and improved on in the new versions.

Introductory price for the first 10 airplanes with out options is $50,000. With full options ie glass cockpit, autopilot, turbine engine etc the price will be closer to $60,000

Best-in-Class Performance
The new models offer more performance, comfort, and interior space than ever, and have even improved on the great flying qualities the Cadet is famous for, qualities which led Plane and Pilot magazine to report that "At any speed, the new Cadet maneuvers better than anything in its class." The new Light Sport Dream Cadet and the standard certified Dream Cadet will be  available for viewing and demonstration flights at Wichita Kansas! Come and see for yourself.

I've got to run right now April first is always a busy day for me. I'll have further details and pictures for you later today regarding when the first airplane will roll off the assembly line.

Mark re: "Culver Dreamer"   

Woody

• View Profile
Re: Culver in production
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 03:54:57 PM »
Wow Mark,
  Congratulations ~~ I'm sure it's been trying at times!  I wish you lot's of luck and hope this helps all the Culvers with more prominence.   

Tim Lunceford

• View Profile
  • N Number: 18064 41726 41722
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 06:21:46 PM »
Mark,  what a great birthday gift.  Those pesky Cadets have been part of my life for 54 years.  Now I can look forward to having a new one for the next 50 years or so.  If I order one with the turbine can I get tip tanks, trappable of course!  I might need a little more duration to complete my missions. ;)   Tim

Tim Lunceford

• View Profile
  • N Number: 18064 41726 41722
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 06:26:42 PM »
Droppable tip tanks

Culver Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 08:02:30 PM »
Thanks for the replys guys, I'm glad you saw the humor in it this April fools day!
Mark

Woody

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 10:34:16 PM »
There will be other times ~~  :(