Author Topic: Aeromatic Propeller  (Read 10702 times)

ndeye

• View Profile
  • N Number: n37828
Aeromatic Propeller
« on: June 26, 2013, 02:52:18 PM »
  I installed a Aeromatic propeller in accordance with the aircraft specifications for Superior Culver Cadet LFA A-730, paragraft (d) with a simple log book entry.

Culver Dreamer

• View Profile
Re: Aeromatic Propeller
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 02:10:18 AM »
  Hay Buddy.  What's the weight difference between a standard wooden prop and the Aeromatic?
                     Did you install that prop on the Franklin engine or Continental?
                    What kind of preformance difference are you finding in take off, climb and cruise?
                    Thanks in advance   Mark

ndeye

• View Profile
  • N Number: n37828
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 02:02:58 PM »
I installed the aeromatic Propeller on a hopped up 90hp Franklin engine in my Culver Cadet LFA. Because the propeller was set at the factory for a 90hp Franklin engine the engine was running at 3200rpm and level flight was 140 knots. Red line is 2500 rpm and I need to perform some flight testing to provide the factory with data that can be use to determin the proper settings on the propeller. I will do this as soon as we get better weather here in South Carolina. The crankshaft was cut off to 1 inch from the flange to fit the propeller hub.

Woody

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 03:27:21 PM »
Please tell us where to get this prop.  I'm close to making a choice myself.
Found a light weight starter saving several pounds and Slick mags #4392 will be lighter than the Eisemann also.